Diode Laser Wrinkle Reduction Advanced Treatment
- Radiance for You uses the e-Max aesthetic system that combines the power of optical (light and laser) and radiofrequency (electrical) energies. The eMax platform delivers the most comprehensive range of aesthetic applications: laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation (IPL), skin tightening, non-invasive fractional laser and diode laser for wrinkle reduction (WRA), to successfully treat the broadest spectrum of hair colours, skin textures, and skin tones. The eMax treatments are FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA) approved.
- The combined energies (electrical and optical) of the eMax platform allow the use of significantly lower light energies compared to other systems and thus provide superior safety (extremely low risk for redness, blistering or burning even on darker skin tones). The use of radio frequency compensates for lower light energies and provides maximum efficacy of the treatments.
- The eMax aesthetic system empowers us to meet patient demands for non-invasive aesthetic improvements with minimal or no downtime (i.e. no side effects and recovery time).
DIODE LASER – WRINKLE REDUCTION ADVANCED TREATMENT
ABOUT WRINKLE REDUCTION ADVANCED (WRA) TREATMENT
The eMax wrinkle reduction treatment is based on a combination of diode laser energy at 900nm and bi polar radio frequency (RF) current. Both laser and RF energies are delivered to the skin simultaneously through the combined pulse. This technology provides efficient heating of the papillary and reticular dermis (1.5 to 2mm depth) under the wrinkles. Heating of the deeper skin layers would result in initiation of the wound healing process. During the wound healing process, the fibroblast cells in the skin synthesise new collagen and elastin fibres. Restoration of collagen and elastin in the skin promotes the reduction in the appearance on lines and wrinkles over a period of time. An immediate improvement in the appearance of fine lines and mild wrinkles is often seen due to another mechanism of action: WRA diode laser causes heat driven contraction of existing collagen fibres, the so called collagen remodeling.
WRA treatment may be performed in combination with microdermabrasion as a single laser treatment or more commonly it is used as a part of triniti™ treatment and in combination with FotoFacialRF™ and ReFirm™ skin tightening treatments. WRA is safe to use on darker skin tones including Asian skins. It may be used on the face, neck décolleté and other parts of the body. WRA is popular for use by women and men.
WHAT CAN BE TREATED WITH WRA DIODE LASER?
WRA treatment rejuvenates the skin due to its dual action in the skin: synthesis of new collagen and remodeling of the existing collagen fibres (see “before and after” pictures). Restoration of collagen and elastin in the deeper layers of the skin promotes restoration of the lost volume and yields visible improvement in many skin conditions like:
- lines and wrinkles (face, neck, décolleté)
- skin laxity
- poor skin texture (rough skins with enlarged pores, skin depressions)
- acne scars
- stretch marks
HOW MANY WRA LASER TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
Depending on the severity of the skin problem to be treated, 3-6 treatments may be required. WRA diode laser treatments are repeated every 3 to 4 weeks. Maintenance procedures are recommended every 6 to 12 months after the completion of the course of treatments.
What happens after each WRA laser treatment?
WRA laser treatment is a” lunch time procedure”, i.e. it requires no recovery or down time. Temporary pinkness and swelling in the skin may occur and it lasts a very short time (usually less than an hour). The improvement in skin texture and lines can often be appreciated after the first treatment. More significant improvement is seen over the course of regular treatments.
In general, laser and light therapies are contraindicated in concurrent severe medical conditions like:
- cardiac disorders
- pacemaker or defibrillator
- an impaired immune system (HIV/AIDS, lupus erythematosis)
- eczema and psoriasis
Laser and light therapies are contraindicated during pregnancy and nursing.
CLINICAL BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS