IPL Skin Rejuvenation
- Radiance for You clinic uses the e-Max aesthetic system that combines the power of optical (light and laser) and radiofrequency (electrical) energies. The eMax platform delivers the most comprehensive range of aesthetic applications: laser hair removal, skin rejuvenation (IPL), skin tightening, non-invasive fractional laser and diode laser for wrinkle reduction, to successfully treat the broadest spectrum of hair colours, skin textures, and skin tones. The eMax treatments are FDA (Food and Drug Administration, USA) approved.
- The combined energies (electrical and optical) of the eMax platform allow the use of significantly lower light energies compared to other systems and thus provide superior safety (extremely low risk for redness, blistering or burning even on darker skin tones). The use of radio frequency compensates for lower light energies and provides maximum efficacy of the treatments.
- The eMax aesthetic system empowers us to meet patient demands for non-invasive aesthetic improvements with minimal or no downtime (i.e. no side effects and recovery time).
INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL) FOR SKIN REJUVENATION (FotoFacialRF™)
About FotoFacialRF™ treatment
The FotoFacialRF™ combines the gentle light (IPL – intense pulsed light) and electrical energies to treat a variety of skin conditions at the epidermal level. Highly selective light energies are absorbed by the haemoglobin and pigmented lesions, but not significantly absorbed by the normal dermis. The combined energies of FotoFacialRF™ assist in thermolysis (heat driven distraction) of vascular lesions (e.g. facial veins, broken capillaries), resolves stubborn superficial benign pigmentation, and stimulates collagen synthesis and restructuring.
In order to enhance the skin rejuvenation effect of FotoFacialRF™ we precede it with microdermabrasion (MDA) treatment, all in one session. This combination approach results in smoother skin with a brighter complexion and visibly reduced fine lines and pores. After a number of MDA/FotoFacialRF™ treatments the superficial layer of the skin (epidermis) becomes thicker and thus provides long term improvement in the hydration levels of the skin.
MDA/ FotoFacialRF™ treatments are safe on most skin types, including Asian. A number of clinical studies has shown that elōs™ FotoFacialRF™ is superior in stimulating collagen synthesis compared to IPLs that only use optical energy. MDA/ FotoFacialRF™ can be safely performed on the face, neck, décolleté, and other parts of the body.
What can be treated with FotoFacialRF™?
- FotoFacialRF™ rejuvenates skin by inducing collagen synthesis and thus compensating for volume loss and reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Overall, FotoFacialRF™ restores skin to a more youthful state.
- FotoFacialRF™ is indicated for treatment of skin with redness caused by vascular imperfections including telangiectasias, symptoms of rosacea and angioma.
- FotoFacialRF™ is very effective for treatment of hyperpigmentation (sun spots, melasmas etc). Often we deal with cases where vascular lesions and hyperpigmentation occur simultaneously as a result of sun damage.
- FotoFacialRF™, in combination with carefully selected home care products treats
oily dehydrated skin, acne prone skin and acne scaring.
- FotoFacialRF™ improves uneven and rough skin texture, tightens enlarged pores, and reduces white-heads and black-heads.
- FotoFacialRF™ has shown a significant reduction in the appearance of stretch marks over a series of treatments.
How many FotoFacialRF™ treatments do I need?
Depending on the severity of the skin problem to be treated 3-6 treatments maybe required. FotoFacialRF™ treatments are repeated every 2 to 4 weeks. Maintenance procedures are recommended every 6 to 12 months after the completion of the course of treatments.
What happens after each FotoFacialRF™ treatment?
FotoFacialRF™ is a” lunch time procedure”, i.e. it has no recovery time. Temporary pinkness and swelling in the skin may occur and it lasts a very short time (usually less than an hour). The improvement in pigmented and vascular irregularities can often be appreciated after the first treatment. Brown spots temporarily go darker before they lighten.
In general, laser and light therapies are contraindicated in concurrent severe medical conditions like:
- cardiac disorders
- pacemaker or defibrillator
- impaired immune system (HIV/AIDS, lupus)
- eczema and psoriasis
Laser and light therapies are contraindicated during pregnancy and nursing.
CLINICAL BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS